Sunday, January 17, 2010

What colors are best to paint a small master bath with oak accessories?

Of Course it depends on your taste , but most of my clients like ';shades of white'; a brochure found at most paint depts. or stores.They are pastel colors. What seems to work best since oak is a neutral color, find a lighter shade of your bath towels or a decorative piece you plan to use in your bathroom . If your master bedroom is the room your bath opens from then bring the colors from that room in muted tones to your walls in the bath. If you use deep shades of a color in a small space keep it to one wall preferably one behind a mirror or bright light so it is an accent to the room not making the room feel smaller. Hope this helps.What colors are best to paint a small master bath with oak accessories?
The best couple really has to be a very light warm shade of cream, unless you are bored with that colour (which seems to have a bit of overkill these days). Because oak is wood, any earthy/autumn colours would go well with this i.e. green, orange, red. For such a small room though go for very, very light variations on those colours. Surprisingly very light grey works well too.What colors are best to paint a small master bath with oak accessories?
something like sage green or dusty rose maybe hazy yellow


lite and easy colors
I would go with earthy or neutral shades...


eggshell


cream


taupe


tan


buttercream
white
light colors (greens for soothing feel, beige for warmer feel, blue or yellow for a more uplifting feel)
maybe white or a kind of calm looking color to set off the mood
I also .have one of the worlds tiniest bathrooms. You can use just about any pastel shades, I mixed my own aqua marine using a base of turquoise and added a considerable amount of white white,and get load of compliments on the unusual color,Also have oak fixtures, except for chrome tp holder which installs into the wall, makes more space, and looks good too.
Can't tell you what colors to use but do what I did when I couldn't decide what colors to make my bathroom. I picked out a great framed artwork and worked around the colors in the picture. In fact, I worked around the whole theme of the picture, which in my case was roman gothic. The room came out gorgeous and I was very pleased. Try it and everything will fall into place.
semi-gloss butternut
I painted mine a beautiful shade of blue, I have oak trim around the windows, door, and baseboards. And then I went for a nautical theme. I have found some boarder with sailboats on them and cut the boats out and scattered them around on one wall, then I have small sailboats that have hooks on them for your towels above the toilet. and all other kinds of things that I have found at yard sales that fit with my theme. Total cost of my re-do for my master bath was around $50.00 including paint, primer, brushes, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment